Summer Marketing and Communications Internship
About the company:
beyondBeanie (bB) is a small (but growing) social fashion start-up based in Lausanne, Switzerland. Our product line is a fusion of Bolivian ethnic culture and Europe's hip fashion trends.
For every product that we sell, we help provide jobs to Bolivian artisans (who personally hand-sign each product that they make and whom you can meet and greet via beyondBeanie.org) and help less fortunate children in Bolivia through partner institutions.
Example: 1 beanie = 5 school meals | 1 bag = 1 set of school supplies | 1 poncho = 1 school uniform.
We are currently looking for:
- A native level French speaker with professional proficiency in English
- A native level German speaker with professional proficiency in English
- A native level Spanish Speaker with professional proficiency in English
to help promote our brand through online and offline channels throughout Switzerland, France and Germany, the United Kingdom and Latin America/Spain.
Requirements and Internship Description:
- Have a Bachelor or Master in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, etc.
- Have a creative mind and fun/outgoing personality.
- Have a strong interest in social issues and a moderate interest in social entrepreneurship.
- Have ability to work independently/remotely without supervision.
- Feel comfortable writing press releases / media kits catered to different audiences.
- To be able to effectively connect with journalists in magazines, newspapers, online journals and blogs to submit press releases to further diffuse the work and mission of beyondBeanie.
- Look for potential influencers (people in the fashion industry, celebrities, etc.) and propose ways to collaborate with them.
- Look for potential events (such as cultural events, summer/winter markets, fashion shows, music festivals etc.) to advertise the brand and sell merchandise.
- Help to develop a network of potential partner stores in a designated territory/city.
- Run sales at different events such as markets, music festivals, etc.
- Help look for models and volunteers for participation at photo shoots.
- If needed, help run social media campaigns in conjunction with social media team.
Although this is a non-paid internship, this is an EXCELLENT opportunity for those looking for a first-hand experience to the world of start-ups.
Length: 3 months full time.
Location: Online with reliable connection to the Internet. Some physical meetings are required to discuss progress and present work.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
How to apply: For further details/to apply, please email motivation letter + CV to Hector Alvarez hector@beyondBeanie.org